Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wishing for Spring!

I can't believe I haven't posted since the beginning of March! I just uploaded all the pictures from our camera and it had been about 4 weeks since I had done it so there were a lot and they were so much fun to see!

Those of you in the more normal part of the United States are enjoying the arrival of spring-in Wisconsin however, we just pretend that it is spring. For example, last week when it was 38 degrees and sunny out, me and Nathan decided to go outside and wash the car! Every day if it reaches 40 we are wearing short sleeves and head out to ride our bikes (with jackets on of course). This is just sick and wrong. But talk to me next January when I am living in a wonderful place where the average LOW in JANUARY is in the 40s. The LOW and we are enjoying it as our highs in March! Don't get me wrong though, I am going to miss Madison so much. And anyway, who could be sad in this weather when they have that cute smile to look at each day. <----------------------

Dallen is a smiling and cooing machine lately. He is a really happy and mellow guy when his tummy is feeling good. I have cut dairy out of my diet as much as possible and it makes a big difference for him. I still eat some dairy but avoid ice cream, milk or meals that are heavy on dairy-oh and tomato sauce too-and he spits up and fusses much less. I think chocolate may be giving him gas but he may just have to deal with that one. I don't know if I can give up chocolate!

By the way, I do in fact love my other boys, I just haven't taken any pictures of them lately. And I figure that is ok because look at me! I have pictures of the THIRD kid. I am determined to not have way less pictures of him than the others.

Things have been good lately. It really is nice to be able to go out and ride bikes in the afternoons. They are so much happier when they can get outside. We will really love it when we can start going to parks-hopefully in the next few weeks.

Josh will start writing his thesis in about a week. I am looking forward to that because he will just go to the library each day to write meaning a 5 minute commute instead of 45 or so.


I am trying to think of what else we have been up to in March. We had a fun Easter-me and the boys threw an Easter party at our house. Twenty some odd kids and about 9 moms (and that was with 3-4 moms unable to come). I think I got a little carried away on the inviting but it was fun. We also had a cookie dough eggroll party for my birthday-that was really fun-and yummy!

Oh and great news-this past week Dallen finally learned how to put himself to sleep without help (he doesn't do it every time but does it frequently) and is sleeping pretty well at night! Yay!


3 comments:

  1. Oh your boys are so cute! Yah can you believe it has been what about 6 years. I lose track and it all becomes a big blur! It sounds like you are all doing well. It's still pretty cold here in UT and actually it is my Biggest pet peeve! I about froze at Branson's soccer game yesterday. We are looking forward to some warmer weather too!
    Keep in touch! Stephanie By the way, do you keep in touch with Liz Maravilla or was she before you-I told you it is all a big blur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Dallen is being less fussy! He looks cute too- what a shock :-) It would be fun to get Dallen and Drew together- they are so close in age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dallen is way too cute!! that is funny that you didn't know we were pregnant...Yeah we didn't find out about you and kelly until christmas. so how is it having 3 boys! wow you must be busy

    ReplyDelete