Friday, June 24, 2011

22 Days

I better get this recorded somewhere. In the last 22 days in our family, we have:

Moved from CA to UT
Celebrated Nathan's Bday
Celebrated Jack's Bday
Baptized Nathan
Celebrated Josh's Bday
Celebrated Father's Day
Bought a new car
Unpacked and put together our house almost entirely
Bought a whole ton of new furniture for our new house
Installed blinds (well, MIL did that-thanks!)
Installed most of a sprinkler system in the backyard with the help of family
Had a baby premature along with some nice complications for mom
Been to 7 peaks water park twice
Trafalga 3 or 4 times (laser tag, mini golf, etc)
Made new friends in our ward
Nathan started Cub Scouts
Had 2 cases of hand, foot and mouth
4 people have had colds

I could probably go on and on. Are we insane? Yes. We are. Some of these things had to happen. Others, maybe not. Have we been happy and handled it well? For the most part. Have I been a perfect wife and mother? No. Have I been a beast? I don't think so. Not perfect, not horrible. Frankly, we have done fairly well.

But, as I was laying in my hospital bed late Wednesday night this week having what I call "hormonal thoughts" I had a new revelation. I need to stop treating my body as if it is invincible. Because it is not. I commit to this today. There is more to be said, much of it beautiful and touching and profound, at least it was to me late that night. We have been truly blessed this week. The Lord's hand has been very present in major ways and in small ways. And I will write about it soon. But for now, I am going to bed. Like a good, non invincible girl.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! So happy the baby is here! So sorry for the complications. You're in our prayers. We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are pretty awesome. I hope non invincible girl got some good sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everyone is doing ok, Amber. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers a lot lately. We can wait for the details for a long while since rest is much more important at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! But I suspect you'll just keep on being an overachiever. :) So relieved that both you and Adam are safe!

    ReplyDelete