Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's been a while since I updated our blog-we were out of town last week and then with all the craziness of getting ready to move I just haven't gotten around to it.

We went to Nauvoo for a few days last week and had such a great time. Josh's parents came with us-we met them down there on Wednesday night (it was tricky getting there because of all the flooding in Iowa) and spent Thursday and Friday in Nauvoo and then we headed home Saturday. The boys loved it. In fact, Nathan spent the first 30 minutes of the drive home trying to convince Josh to find a job there so we could live there. And Jack just loved the temple-every time we drove past it he would call out "temple!" It will be fun to live in San Diego close to a temple so they can see it a lot.

Our favorite Nauvoo activities were the shows and Pioneer Pastimes-where the kids get to play with pioneer toys and things. In fact, we went there all three days for at least an hour each time. We also liked seeing how they made horseshoes in the blacksmith shop, going for a wagon ride and oxcart ride and just being in Nauvoo in general. That city just has such a special spirit about it and we had a great time there as a family.

This week has been full of packing and thesis writing. Both me and Josh are feeling overwhelmed at the amount of work to do before we leave here (we leave 3 weeks from today). I feel like I have been packing and packing and have only put a small dent in what needs to be done. I did manage to get all of our utilities here canceled for our move and Josh a plane reservation made (he has to come back and load up the truck 10 days after we leave here because of some complications with scheduling and the date we can move into our new place) and a dual portable DVD player ordered, talked to Nathan's new school district, and a bunch of those sorts of things. Poor Josh is scrambling to finish his thesis and get some last minute work done in the lab. We will be glad when that is all over-but not glad to leave this wonderful place.

Poor Nathan and Jack are feeling the strain of all the stress in our home right now too. We were getting ready to go somewhere this week and I was getting grouchy-you know, saying get your shoes on, hurry up, get in the car, don't touch your brother, that sort of thing and Nathan said "stressed out again mom?" And all I could do was hang my head in shame and admit that yes, I was stressed out and that I was sorry and try to be better.

This week we will be heading up to the in law's for one last time up there before we leave. (Those are sad words to type.) The boys are looking forward to spending the 4th of July up there and seeing Aunt Natalie and Uncle Alex.

Here are just a couple of pictures from our Nauvoo trip and a video of Dallen screaming. He makes a lot of noise (don't know where he learned that behavior because our house is always so serene and peaceful). Actually-just one picture of Nauvoo because I can't find any good ones of Jack. He is so hard to get a good picture of because he always either has his eyes closed or a fake cheesy grin or is moving to fast to catch on camera.

By the way, I really want a nicer background for my blog like some of you have but just can't figure out how to get one. You'd think I could do it-built a website from scratch a few years ago-I ought to be able to figure this out, but if someone could help me find out how to get a nice background/template that would be great! :)





5 comments:

  1. Hello! So when are you coming through Vegas? I hope we get to see each other! We leave the very beginning of August. So I got my background at Pyzam.com I think there are also good templets at cutest blog on the block or something like that. Drew likes to make LOTS of noise also. My family often can't hear me very well if he is up when I'm talking to them because he is so noisy. It's pretty fun (although not so great at church:-) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video of Dallen! He is so cute! I love all little baby noises! Tommy is starting to make fun noises, but Dallen is about 10 times louder than Tommy is!! Sounds like you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James loved the video. I think he thought Dallen was clapping because after watching for a few seconds he started clapping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dallen is so adorable! What a fun trip that sounds like. We would love to do that some day.

    Wish I could offer help on changing the background. I've seen a lot of my friends change theirs to some super cute ones. Check out my friends' -Angela Dorman and also Amy Collins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I meant to add that those backgrounds seem to have links attached to them :)

    ReplyDelete