Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Goal

In the beginning of 2009 I set a New Year's Goal. I like to set goals each year and I like to call them goals instead of resolutions-seems more substantial somehow.

I set a goal to find joy in the journey and to be of good cheer. I prayed nearly every morning for help with that and I am happy to say that it has gone so well. I feel like I am more able to focus on the joy of motherhood and spending my days with these adorable, wild, dirty little people that we call children rather than focusing on how many diapers I had to change in a day, who was in a bad mood, who whined or made messes. Sometimes I can even look at a mess that one of them has made and see the sweet childhood motivation behind it ("I was seeing what would happen if I poured salt on ice mom") rather than just the mess.

It feels great! Tomorrow I will tell you my 2010 goal.

1 comment:

  1. You are good at that! I have often thought that about you. I am more uptight. :)

    ReplyDelete