Monday, October 18, 2010

Lately

What have we been up to lately? I haven't blogged in close to a month and even now, I don't feel like I have any pressing things to blog about. It's not that life hasn't been fun or busy, I guess I have just lost my blogging motivation for now.

But I feel an obligation as I imagine grandmothers everywhere sighing when they log on to check my blog and find no new pictures of grandchildren or updates on their latest goings on. (Though certainly a certain sister in law of mine's lack of blogging should be more noticeable. And since I have only 2 sisters in law and one blogs regularly, this one will know who she is.) :) And so, I will blog.

In the past month:

The boys started their first ever organized sport. That is unless you count Nathan's soccer class when he was three from which I have pictures of him picking his nose rather than playing while his best friend Trey preferred to sit on the ball and watch the class happen. I guess Jack took a soccer class when he was 3 too, and loved it, but this is the first "real" soccer experience.

Jack thinks he is a soccer pro and Nathan is tolerating it/enjoying it more than I expected. Nathan's poor team has yet to win, but this week they tied instead of lost, so they were thrilled! Jack's team has won only once, but that was a big win-7-0. One little boy on the team scored 6 of those 7 goals.

I don't have great pictures because my camera has no zoom whatsoever (of of the few things I don't like about it) and it is hard to get a good picture from the sidelines with no zoom.


 This one is for Grandma A. I don't know if you can quite see it, but Nathan most definitely inherited the red face syndrome. 

One Friday afternoon recently me and the boys took a quick trip to the Miramar Air Show. We only had a one hour time window, so we didn't get to see much, just the most important part. The Blue Angels. The boys were going crazy with excitement. We were up close to where Fat Albert and a few of the Blue Angels parked. I didn't try to get any pictures of the Blue Angels in motion-have you seen how fast those things go?


Last, this is why I love being YW President. Where's Waldo. Can you find me?


We had an activity at the mall with about 10 of the leaders dressed up in crazy ensembles and the youth had to track us down and have us sign their card within about 35 minutes. I am proud to say only 3 of the 5 groups found me (I was sitting in the kid's play area with a book in front of my face).

More pictures are sure to come as our Halloween festivities begin...

6 comments:

  1. So, I think you're the muslim-looking lady. I judged by the shoes and those seem like your type of sandals... Am I right? SUCH a FUN idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really surprised that none of you were checked out by mall security!! That's a pretty suspicious looking group! Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pretend not to be offended by your obvious reference to my lack of blogging. :) Never fear, I'm currently preparing for my comeback comeback tour di blogging...sometime in the next three months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea of a mutual activity! I bet that was fun...way to go for being unidentifiable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't tell from the pic, but I think that long haired guy behind me was pinching my flat butt. (Can I say "butt" on your blog, b/c I just said it) Thanks for the use of the gum. I think that last group would have found me if I didn't have the gum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that pic of you is a hoot. And my guys love soccer! They are both playing this year.

    ReplyDelete