Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy birthday dear Adam!

Adam's birthday passed a few weeks ago and I haven't posted about it. I have a good reason-I wanted to put together the final laundry basket picture with all of the laundry basket shots (one for each month up to a year) and I haven't done it yet.

But I decided to just go ahead and put this post up and I will show you the laundry baskets later.

I love this little dream boat:









Here's an update on this sweetie at 1 year:

  • He hasn't had his Dr. appt. yet so I don't have official measurements, but he's not more than 17 pounds
  • He won't perform tricks on command, so we didn't know he knew a lot of things until just recently. For example, he says about 6 or 7 words but I had no idea until June-mama, dada, book, hi, apple, bottle. One day we were driving down the road (on vacation) and Josh was on the phone. Josh said "bottle" to the person he was talking to and from the backseat Adam started to whine and say "ba ba." I thought 'no way' but sure enough, when I handed him his bottle he was happy. I had no idea he knew that word.
  • Same goes for clapping and waving. He does it. But don't ask him to because he probably won't do it for you. 
  • He started crawling just after 11 months. He gets around pretty great now. And pulls himself to stand sometimes-usually just in the bathtub. A great place to try standing on shaky legs. 
  •  He most definitely thinks his brothers are hilarious!

  • He barfs all the time and it's really gross now.
  • He's happy almost all the time. He is cutting 5 teeth right now and 2 of those are molars. He was fussy for a couple days but otherwise, just a happy guy. 
So, for his first birthday I made his sunshine cupcakes (also because he was born on summer solstice):




He had no issues with digging right in. But he actually didn't get very messy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment