Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hoobaby-That's a Nice Bag!

I am not a girly girl. I am not interested in shoes. I don't wear jewelry and I never even used to like the color pink. I grew up with all brothers and was raised by a mom that also grew up with all brothers, what can I say?

But I find that I do have a few girlish tendencies. Pink is now my favorite color, I like flirty aprons (which I will elaborate more on in my next post) and I like bags. Not purses. Purses make me cringe. I could never carry one. But I like a nice, fun bag.

When I look at this bag, I want to say "Hoobaby! That's a nice bag." And that's what people have said to me. Well, ok, maybe they didn't say the "hoobaby" part. But still. And then I smuggly reply "Thanks! I made it!" I haven't sewn for pleasure in so long. My business burned me out on sewing and so I stopped. Completely. But the itch is back and this is how it took it's form:

Ahh, isn't that a nice bag? Jack says he wants it. :)

8 comments:

  1. That is a way cute bag. I love the fabric and the design. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit...I quite like purses!!

    That is a fun bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice bag! And you are weird--I love a good purse. You better not make a flirty apron without me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Jack wants that bag! And you'd better watch out as far as the purses go....it looks like you are slowly crossing over to the dark side...soon enough you'll be like me: a collection of funky, flirty, fun, and colorful purses....even though all I ever carry is a diaper bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll dropship for you... :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOOBABY! That is an awesome bag. I don't like purses either. Never have. Never will. I love bags. I am impressed with your sewing abilities, Amber! You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoobaby is right! That is super cute! I hope you put a key hook in it! It's everyone's favorite feature!!

    PS - I grew up with 5 brothers, no sisters. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete