Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dal's Birthday Fun!

Unfortunately, my unexpected surgery fell just 27 hours before Dallen's birthday this year, which meant that on the day of my sweet little one's birthday celebration, I felt like doing little more than laying on the couch all day. Luckily, he was turning 2, and since he doesn't even know what a birthday is, let alone what day it should be celebrated, we decided to bump his birthday back a few days.

So Saturday, 2 days after his birthday, we celebrated instead. He got up that morning and went to breakfast with daddy and came home to find the house decorated and presents waiting for him. He opened them, had them snatched away by big brothers and was confused about what all the fuss was about. I think he was less than impressed.

But to make things extra fun, Grandma and Great Granny and Great Gramps came to town that day, so later that evening we had a little party with 3 grandparents and cousin Laura and Sam.

I, of course, had to make a cake-because I love to go over the top on cakes. I blame that completely on my mom. And now, for your viewing pleasure (and after much nagging from my mother in law to get it on the blog:), I present it to you:

In the few moments that he slowed down enough to look at it he thought it was pretty cool. I think his big brothers were more impressed. But I had fun making it and that makes it worthwhile.

He actually did a good job blowing out the candle:

For our after cake entertainment, cousin Laura, my adorably cute 80 year old Granny and Josh demonstrated their ability to "shuffle off to Buffalo" (a tap move for those of you unfamiliar with dance). I too would have joined them, but my belly button was still hurting pretty good at this point and I didn't think bouncing up and down would help it much at that point:

6 comments:

  1. Great cake Amber! The only reason Andrew had a cute cake is because my parents were here. I loved my birthday cakes growing up but definitely need to take a class if I want to try to make cute ones like my Mom did. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute cake!! But my fav pic was Granny and co. shuffling off to Buffalo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten how fun that was! Why is Granny so precious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! The cake is fabulous. Dal is darling. And Joshy--I love, love, LOVE that your tongue is hanging out T. Dale style whilst you shuffle off to Buffalo! Classy...very classy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GRAMMY IS SO CUTE!!!!! SO IS DAL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you, for the pictures. The cake is great - reminds me of one Josh had at about the same age. You are very creative! Looks like you had great fun with your family. I hope I can dance like that when I'm 80. . . And yes, I also noticed that Josh had his tongue sticking out -- what concentration!

    ReplyDelete