Tuesday, May 18, 2010

UP Party

Josh was out of town last week, so I had to step up the cool factor in our home in order to compensate for a missing daddy. Or something. So we had an "Up Party."

We started out making "Adventure Books." (I can't claim this great idea-it came from my cool sister in law Natalie. Did you know that I have a total of 2 sisters in law and they are both named Natalie? I think my boys think that all Aunts are called Natalie. So anyway, this idea came from one of my cool sisters in law Natalie.) Next we of course watched the movie. With Popcorn.
We had our neighbor friend Damien over for the party. Damien is 7. And yes, Damien is texting during the movie. :)
Last, we had "Upcakes." I got this idea from my favorite site, Bakerella. Hers were cooler than mine, but the boys liked them and that's what counts. (In case you don't get it, that is supposed to be the big bunch of balloons flying through the sky.) This is my version:
Reality: Behind the Blog Facade
Before I finish this post that makes us sound like such a cool family (right?), let me give you some insight into what really went on that night.

After making the Adventure Books I sent the boys upstairs to get in their jammies. Well, I guess because they have a Y chromosome they heard "go upstairs and wrestle. And hey, if you feel like it, bite each other." So, soon enough Nathan's hand met Jack's nose and Jack, being prone to nose bleeds, started spurting blood.

He ran for the bathroom where he attempted to spit out a mouthful of blood into the sink-only he missed for the most part and spattered the bathroom with blood.

Then, he ran all over the upstairs looking for me (I was still downstairs). Blood on the carpet down the hallway, on the wall, on my bathroom door and toilet, etc. You get the picture.

And then I yelled at Nathan and made him cry. And the look on his face was heartbreaking. Don't worry, I apologized and we worked it out, but still. Bad mommy.

So, now you know they whole truth about our night, or most of it anyway. :)

5 comments:

  1. I think your books came out great! It is fun that your boys can make their own, and Mom doesn't have to do it for them like I did. The cupcakes are cute too. Great idea, we love UP in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behind the Blog Facade is my favorite part. I was cracking up. (P.S. You are not a bad mommy.) Have you ever read the blog The Meanest Mom? It is delightful. It is totally Reality Behind the Blog Facade.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun!! When are you coming here to make some cupcake pops in my new kitchen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all about your day, it made me feel better. You are not alone. I know I am doing just fine when at the end of the day my kids still give me a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classic!!! That sounds like a typical day in the Price household. Where was Dal during all of this? Wrecking havoc downstairs? :) I love the cupcakes!!! Those are freakishly cute. And I can't believe Damien is texting. Barf.

    ReplyDelete