Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Pie Worth Writing About

For Nathan's birthday he wanted a pie. A pumpkin pie he said. "Really?" I asked. "You want a pumpkin pie for your birthday?" (He doesn't even really love pumpkin pie I don't think.)

I offered chocolate pie, chocolate peanut butter or chocolate mint and he decided on the chocolate peanut butter pie option.

In an effort to simplify and not have to run to the store, I decided to create my own recipe for pie with things I had around the house (mind you I keep a lot of baking ingredients around the house.)

So here it is my friends. My own creation. My own recipe. And definitely the best peanut butter chocolate pie I have ever eaten. And so simple. Don't try this if you are allergic to peanuts. :)

Make one box of chocolate instant pudding (the bigger box, not the small kind.) Let it set up for 5 minutes.

Take a large dollop of peanut butter-maybe about 1/2 cup-and mix it in thoroughly.

Spoon part of that mixture into the bottom of an Oreo pie crust (the kind you buy premade at the store).

Next, crush some Reese's pieces and sprinkle them on top of that layer.

Then, mix some cool whip-a cup or two-in with the peanut butter pudding. Spread a layer of this on top of your last layer.

Next, add a layer of just plain cool whip. Then top with more crushed Reese's.

Like I said, so easy but so good. I just had to share.

1 comment: