Thursday, November 17, 2011

Friendship

For this week's "I'm Grateful for" post, the thing that comes to mind is friendship. Old, new, rekindled, all types.

Since moving to Utah I have spent some time with an old friend and roommate (Colleen) from college after not seeing too much of each other for about 10 years. It has been so much fun to reconnect and I am reminded what a good friend she is and it is fun to let our families get to know each other. (Well, she knows Josh. She can at least partly take the credit for helping hook us up.)

Today I had lunch with a friend from San Diego (Bronwyn) and it was so much fun to reconnect with her even though it has only been 5 months since I last saw her. Again I was reminded what a good friend she is and how much I miss her. But friends are friends, not matter how far away or how often you see them.

And I really am grateful for the friendships I am forming here in Utah. New friends who I hope to form deep relationships with and spend a lifetime developing I hope. I had a friend who was going to come over and play today (well, the kids were going to play, she and I probably would have just talked) :) and she was flexible and willing to reschedule to accommodate my surprise visit from Bronwyn which was very sweet.

I am a people person through and through. I love people and I love friends. I am so grateful to have so many good friends in my life. Friends, family, cousins, brothers, my mama, Josh's family, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. COOL!!! I made it in one of your posts!!! It's been fun to see you more now that you're here! Let's do it again-- the promised cupcakes have not been forgotten by my kids ;)

    ReplyDelete