Monday, November 7, 2011

What if...?

There's a quote floating around the internet these days that says something along the lines of "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things that you thanked the Lord for today?"

That thought hit me profoundly and has played around in my mind repeatedly over the last few weeks. It's made me more aware of what I say in my prayers and the "amens" I add to others' prayers since those thank yous count for me too.

And since it is November, I decided to record some of the things I am grateful for. But I am not going to post it daily. I will write them down throughout the week and maybe post them weekly or something.

So here goes for this week.

The first thing that came to mind this week was the temple, and specifically the Mt. Timpanogas temple. I had the chance to go there twice within a week. It was the first time I went since moving away from here 8 years ago and that temple is such a special place to me. It feels like that's where it all began. Outside that temple is where Josh held my hand for the first time, where he proposed and where I was endowed.  Until San Diego it was my favorite temple, but now I have a very soft spot for San Diego too.

Now, I have a view of the Mt. Timpanogas temple from my home. When I rock Adam in his room I can see it there, off in the distance. From our bedroom I can see it and it makes me feel like life has come full circle. When Josh held my hand there what, like 12 or 13 years ago I never dreamed that someday I would look out my window while rocking his baby and see that very place. Very special to me.

Other things I felt grateful for this week:

Three year olds who wear Dash masks all day long even though they can barely see out.

Warm soup at the dinner table with my favorite boys in the whole world

Good books-oh how I love to read. Happiness is a nightstand piled with books to read and mine is VERY full right now.

Bacon Blue Burgers. Oh yum.

Teaching a gang of cute 3-5 year olds in my house and having a blast with things like an impromptu dance party with glow sticks in my closet.

This wonderful, wonderful ward here in Utah that has made me feel so welcome and where I already feel like I have so many friends.

Sewing. I love to sew. I love to create and this week I spent a little bit of time sewing some very fun Christmas projects.

My house. And not just because I like how it looks or anything like that. It just feels so good to have a house that is ours. And this one just feels so right for our family with it's location, with it open layout that allows me to be in the kitchen while the kids sit at the bar doing homework or are nearby in the living room playing wii. I just love it.

More to come in the next week...

1 comment:

  1. Nice list! I think I would end up with only my family. But I suppose I could live with that. :)

    ReplyDelete