Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crawling, Dancing, and Cookies

I always feel like my updates are boring if I have no pictures and I have none tonight. Sorry! I will take some this week.

Our big news is that Dal is officially crawling! Today is the day that he really got the hang of it. Give him a day or two and I bet he will be chasing his brothers all over the place and I will be wishing he hadn't learned to crawl.

We had a great weekend! Friday night was the Sock Hop at Nathan's school and we had a blast. It was a simple dance-in the school multi purpose room (which would be called a cafeteria but oh wait, we live in San Diego and the kids can just each lunch outside every single day!) with a DJ playing corny music like YMCA and the Hokey Pokey and it couldn't have been more fun. Me and Josh were the only adults out there dancing but we danced like crazy people with the boys. Nathan had a special dance that he was really intent on performing. It involved putting his hands in his pockets and bobbing up and down to the music (while wearing a zip down hoodie and his BYU hat-by the time I finally asked him if he wanted to take his jacket off his face was bright red and he was all sweaty).

Saturday we went to the San Diego Zoo. We didn't have a lot of time but we have season passes so we can go anytime we want for as long or as short as we want. Josh hadn't been there yet. We only spent about an hour and a half there but it was a really nice day (surprise!) and was just fun to be out doing something.

Tonight (Sunday) we baked cookies to take to some people at church. I baked a batch of Mrs. Field's chocolate chip cookies and headed out armed with the addresses of 7 families in the ward and a bunch of plates of cookies. We only made it as far as 2 people's houses because we stayed so long-which was perfect! It felt great to get to know some people. Tomorrow night's family home evening acitivity is going to be delivering some more cookies!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comments on my blog! I always love to hear from you and feel the same way about you friendship-wise!

    I will definitely let you know if I need help on the business thing, but it seems to be on the right track now. I just need to make sure I can get clients in there and make my rent!

    You crack me up about trying to make friends. I know it seems like it takes a while, but soon those people will be begging to hang out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the weather there fantastic? I do miss that about California! Sounds like you are making the most out of you zoo pass! I'm jealous that you have a wonderful zoo in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to find your blog! You are so cute and I love your entries. I am glad you are finding a place in the ward. You are so good to go do visits. I love that! What a good example. We'll see you on Wednesday and Thursday too!!!

    ReplyDelete