Sunday, September 28, 2008

Funny Story

I forgot to write a funny story from my trip to Las Vegas a few weeks ago:

On the way home in the airport I had to get me and Dallen through security. I walked up to the lady working there and handed her my boarding pass and driver's license and she looks back and forth between the confused and starts reading the names-one has my current name and one my maiden name. Turns out that my new CA driver's license has my maiden name on it instead of my married name! (The CA DMV is a whole other story-ugh!) I had no idea-I hadn't noticed and apparently the airport in San Diego hadn't either. So there I was trying to explain that I am really Amber the name on the ticket and that the DMV made a mistake. I ended up having to show them credit card with married name on it and then they let me through.

Then I get to the actual checkpoint and have to take Dal out of the stroller, put it, my diaper bag, my shoes, etc. up on the conveyor belt. Someone helped me with the stroller but they put it on upside down so a toy went flying out of it to the wrong side of the conveyor belt so someone had to grab that for me. Then I got to walk through the metal detector and realize I left my boarding pass in the diaper bag that just went down the conveyor. So they had to call someone over check that after I got through. Then the whole line stops and they are yelling “bag check!” and I realize it is my bag they are talking about-or more particularly, my stroller. I had half a bottle of cranberry juice in the bottom of it that I forgot about and you can't go through with liquids. But, while they were taking the stroller off the conveyor belt, because it was upside down, everything that was in it fell out all over the floor! (Toys, papers, pacifiers, etc. At this point I just started laughing-there was nothing else to do!

1 comment:

  1. oh man that story is hilarious!! i am impressed you laughed...i would have probably started crying at that point.

    ReplyDelete