Sunday, September 14, 2008

Grandma Visit

It has been a while since I updated! Things have been busy this past week and I think I was just too tired last Sunday night to blog.


This week Grandma came to visit! She was here for a little over a week and we had lots of fun having her here and showing her around our new home. The best part of her visit was our trip to the zoo that we took just this past Thursday. How cool is it that we can take people who come to visit us to some of the nation's biggest tourist attractions? The day was perfect. We went Thursday because Nathan gets out of school early-so we headed down there early in the afternoon and spent about 4 hours there (it closes at 6). The weather was perfect and it was not crowded. We saw the Sea Lion show and rode the bus tour and then just walked around and saw the rest of the zoo. It was really great.

This is the reason I love Dallen. He is the sweetest, happiest baby-I wanted to get a picture of him and he just got so excited. Grandma is going to be thrilled that I am posting this picture of her half smiling but Dal was just to cute in it not to post. His arms are blurry because he was waving them so hard because he was so excited:

The two bigger boys really had a great time. The picture above is an unusual one. How often do we get a picture of Jack smiling at the camera and looking adorable and Nathan making a weird face? Usually that is flip flopped.

Other than that we mostly just hung out in our beautiful front yard with grandma, took her to a park or two, went to Carlsbad to the outlets, Carl's Jr. for lunch and just played with her. I was out of town for two days-which is why she was here when she was here-to watch my boys while I was gone. I went to Las Vegas with Dal in tow for a trade show for my business. I left early Tuesday morning and came back Wednesday night. Spent both days at the trade show (1100 vendors showcasing their products and trying to find people like me to sell them). Dal did great but I felt so bad for him because he barely slept for the full two days.

The best part of our trip to Vegas was that my grandparents happened to be there at the same time so we got to see them for a while too. They took us to dinner Tuesday night (along with my friend who was at the show with me-someone I actually met on the internet a few years back who also owns a business like mine). Then Wed. when we got done with the show they picked us up and took us back to their Condo and took Dallen swimming! He loved that! It was so much fun to see them.

In other news we are feeling pretty settled in here. Nathan is still loving school and Jack is enjoying doing things with me. I am still wishing for more friends here-I am trying my best to make friends but it is slow going. We had a family over for dinner Friday night which was nice. My neighbors are amazing and the ladies at school are still great.

Well, I better go get ready for the week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. I bet it was great to see family! That picture of Dallen is so sweet! What a cute little boy.

    I hope you have an easier time making friends. You are so great...everyone you meet will fall in love with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Dallen is so adorable! I'm glad you had a nice trip and that the visit from your mom went well. I laughed out loud about the winter hats in September in Southern Cali! Whoa! Haha! We miss you but are happy you guys are doing well well! Take care and tell Nathan hi for me :P

    ReplyDelete