Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Crazy Southern Cal people and The Grocery Game

Hi again! Two blogs in a week-aren't you all lucky! I just had to write about a couple of things that have been on my mind this week.

First of all-those of you in WI will appreciate this-when I dropped Nathan off at school the past two days I think I was dubbed a "bad mother" by many of the people surrounding me who were also dropping off their kids. I had Dallen (and the other boys as well) dressed in shorts and a tee shirt. Heck, one day he was in a onesie. The weather was 68 degrees. I guess maybe that is borderline I should put pants on Dallen weather, maybe. But I kid you not-I saw people with winter hats on!!! No, that is not a joke. Most people had sweatshirts and long pants on, I even saw goosebumps on some of my mom friends. And one little boy and his dad with jackets and winter hats. I know people were eyeing me wondering how I could dare to bring my baby out in weather like that without a jacket and long pants, maybe even a blanket and a hat!

The other big news in my life is that I am saving tons of money on groceries! I always thought coupon clipping seemed like a waste of time but since we moved to SoCal and groceries are a lot more I decided to give it a whirl and I am amazed at how much I have saved! For example, on my first trip to a grocery store doing this I bought about $100 worth of groceries and saved $53!! Whoa! I am doing this through a site: http://www.thegrocerygame.com It tells you what is on sale and what coupons match the sales and then the idea is to buy stuff while it is on sale really cheap and then stockpile it until you need it. That way you never pay full price for anything! I am suprised at how much I am saving. I went to CVS last week and got 3 bottles of shampoo, 3 bottles of conditioner, 2 deodorants for me, 2 for Josh, 2 kid's toothpastes and a pack of gum for $18 plus $2 back! Just the shampoo and conditioner should have cost $18 so basically everything else was free! I am loving this but I warn, it is addicting! Anyway, I recommed trying out the grocery game. But if you do, make sure you say that I sent you. :) Use this email address (but put in email address format, not the way I am going to write it) as the referral email address: amberaprice at gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I always think it is funny when my family comes to visit and they think it is so cold. Or they comment on how nice it is that the temperature drops at night, I just don't understand what they are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious about the "cold" weather! I was laughing out loud. Silly Californians... :) I will definitely have to try out the coupon website, too. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete