Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

We just got home from enjoying a white Christmas-San Diego style and now the children are nestled all snug in their beds (it's nap time) and by the looks of things all 3 (yes Nathan too) are down for the count for several hours. Ah blessed peace!

So, here in San Diego, this is how we enjoy a white Christmas:

Yes, that is snow-real snow. I don't know where they got it or made it, but they brought it in to the local park and made a day full of fun out of it. Imagine, some of the kids here probably have never seen snow before. In fact, our neighbor friend (adult neighbor friend) showed up and said "I didn't know we were supposed to bring sliding things, uh, boogie boards." Nope, she didn't know what sleds were called! Love it! And check this out, people even made snowmen:

(No, that snowmen is not more than 6 inches tall)

The whole event was a ton of fun. They had face painting:



Santa visits:

(Love the way Jack is looking at Santa in this picture)

Train rides:


Bouncy castles, carriage rides, hotdogs, entertainment, and even International Folk Dancers:
(Well bummer-I can't get the video to upload but just know that Nathan, Jack and I had some serious dance moves-it was a kangaroo dance)

This video is really long but just a few seconds of watching and you can see-yes, that is talent, pure talent. An Australian dance.

Did I mention that it was in the 70s outside? Ahh, this is my kind of White Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Gee, I wish it was warm enough for us to go out and play in the snow. I am almost jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun that they "bring" the snow to you! At least you can have a taste of what we are getting by the buckets here in Madison! :)

    ReplyDelete