Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Recent Funnies

Here are a few funny things the boys have said this week:

Today I was making myself a master list of things I need to do between now and Christmas. I was really just thinking outloud but I said"hmm, Jack, what do I still need to do between now and Christmas" and was suprised when he said "let's see..." as though he was really thinking about it for me. Then he responded "buy more presents!" (Have I mentioned that he prays every night for "toys and toys and more toys, and toys and lots of toys?" I promise we are trying to teach him the true meaning of Christmas.)

On Sunday night Jack came out of his room a while after going to bed and he had a bloody nose. After I cleaned him up and got it stopped I asked him if there was any blood on his pillow. He said no so I asked him how he knew he had a bloody nose. He said" Oh, three drops went into my mouth. It tasted kind of good!" I responded "You must be a vampire!" He got really excited about that. He ran to his room saying "I am a vampire." Then he said "I don't think vampires listen to their moms do they?" Nice try Jack. "Vampires ALWAYS listen to their moms."

Last night I was driving with the boys and one of the young women from church. The teenager turned around and asked the boys if they have any pets. Nathan said "well, not really." I laughed and said "why 'not really?' We don't have any so shouldn't the answer be no?" Nathan said "well, there's the ants..." I explained to him that usually if you don't want it in your house, it isn't considered a pet! :)

6 comments:

  1. Your boys are so funny. I love hearing the great things kids say. I especially enjoyed "Vampires don't listen to their moms right?" Where do they come up with these things?
    Fun stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kids are the best! I love what they come up with next! They just say what is on their minds. I can't believe how much your kids have grown! They are so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing a theme here with unwanted ants...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Especially the part about the ants. We had a major ant infestation in Logan for awhile. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed outloud when I read these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love the story about Jack and the Ants. Doug is always quoting him! My ultrasound date is January 12th. We were hoping for before Christmas, but because the baby is so small he wanted to wait until after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete