Monday, December 15, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays...

I haven't listened the the Carpenters in years, but today is bringing me back. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

I can't really say that today is getting me down exactly, but it has been an interesting day.

Not so great things that have happened today:

1. It is raining and cold! I have not seen weather like this in San Diego. It is windy, steady rain, and just downright blustery. (Honestly though, I don't really mind that other than when I have to leave the house to get Nathan from school and when I stepped in a large puddle this morning. Feels kind of cozy.)

2. I found out at about 9 this morning that my website has been down since yesterday afternoon at around 2. OK, things like that happen, but this literally means hundreds of dollars lost probably since it is the very end of the Christmas shopping season and Sunday evenings and Monday mornings are probably my best time for sales during Christmas. Luckily the site came back up about 30 minutes ago. Still no email, but the site is up.

3. Found out today that Target is not going to ship Nathan's Christmas jammies until January. That is extremely convenient since I ordered them October 30th. They could have at least let me know that they couldn't ship them sometime prior to Dec. 15th! I found some replacements on Amazon but the only size they have is 10, so looks like Nathan will have large jammies this Christmas.

4. Jack spilled Cheerios ALL OVER the floor. I told him he needed to clean them up. He refused. I told him he needed to clean them up or no lunch. He refused. I told him he needed to clean them up in the next 6 minutes or no lunch and straight to nap. He refused. So Jack went down for nap with no lunch.

Good things that have happened today:

1. I snuggled with Jack in my bed this morning and read stories. That is one of my 2 favorite things to do with my kids.

2. Dallen is in a really fun mood today and has just been happy and cute all morning.

3. I saved lots of $$ Grocery Gaming again. :) Went to Vons and CVS first thing this morning. Oh ye unbelievers-you should give it a try.

4. This afternoon I am planning to bake cookies with my boys. My other top favorite thing to do with my kiddos.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry. I hate it when it seems like everything is going wrong. At least you were able to find some good things in the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know. We have family in Oregon (Ore-gun) and I found it hilarious that people here call it Ore-gone. But I think we've been here long enough that I can officially make fun of Wisconsinites, eh? Miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta love those days. Hey, at least Dallen was being a sweetheart while Jack took a nap!

    ReplyDelete