Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth (Picture Overload)

Well, we've done it! We have been to "the happiest place on earth" and our boys have experienced all of the joys of Disneyland-well most of them anyway. Plus, we are now season pass holders so we will be back.

I realize this is way too many pictures but think of the grandmas-they want to see them! So indulge me.

We spent Monday and Tuesday at the parks. It really went as well as could have been hoped for. The boys were wonderfully behaved and had a great time. The one thing I wish had been better were the crowds-they were worse than we had expected.

Here is the obligatory picture in front of the Mickey made entirely of flowers that one simply must take before entering Disneyland:

OK, the pictures will be in no particular order because I can't get them to rearrange, but here we go:

I turned around and caught a glimpse of this and had to get a picture because it cracked me up that Jack had his bag of trail mix hanging right in front of Josh's face!
Here is Josh about to go on the Maliboomer-the freakiest ride there in my opinion. I didn't go on it: Whose cute kid is this? On Small World: N is for Nathan! Outside of California Adventure (California is spelled out in huge letters for those who have never been to Disneyland-ahem-Grandma Price) Jack just hanging out in the O
Dal during one of his two short 1 hour naps in the two days we were there. Poor guy!
Can you tell we ran our kids ragged? Jack laid down to eat his snack on Tuesday:
Take a good look at this because this is what it means to be meek, submissive, patient, humble, willing to submit to all things. This kid is a trooper and then some. He didn't complain even though he spent most of his time waiting while everyone else went on rides, even though he missed his naps, didn't sleep well in the hotel, etc. This kid is the sweetest thing.
Nathan and Josh split off from us for a while and they got to meet Minnie ane Mickey! Josh said it was then that he remembered that Nathan is still a little kid-a little kid who was really excited to meet the characters. He "even likes Minnie-even though she is a girl!"
This was cool! Mater and Lightning in person! Jack stared at them silently for a while and then said quietly-"their eyes are moving-they are real cars!"
In front of the castle!
The boys outside the Haunted Mansion. Josh thinks he looks like an old man in this picture.
Me and Jack on the Bug's Life Bumper cars
Me and Jack on small world! Oh ya, and notice my cool "Bat Mom" shirt. The boys love it!
Nathan the aviator
And last, Dal on the way home. Poor kid fell asleep halfway through his "dinner." He still has a Cheerio in his hand in this picture.
I asked everyone their high points for the trip:

Josh-When we split off and he went with Nathan who decided he was too scared to ride Tower of Terror but got excited to see Mickey and Minnie and Josh got to revel in Nathan's sweet childhood.
Jack-"Screaming on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It's my favorite!"
Nathan-Buzz Light Year Ride (I think we rode it like 10 times)
Dallen-Whenever he got let down to roam free instead of being cooped up in the stroller
Me-Listening to Jack sing "It's a Small World" as loudly and sincerely as he could each time we rode that ride

9 comments:

  1. Wow you are so fast posting these. I was hoping you would be. I'm glad your trip went so well. Tell Jack Thunder Mountain is my favorite too. Did you get the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun adventure! I'm jealous -- guess we'll have to visit soon. (Got the tickets today:) This Grandma is thrilled with all the pictures. Happy 8th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy mackarell! You guys are skinny! Josh--your face is quite lean and handsome. Amber--That bat mom shirt looks quite stunning on your svelt figure! I better start sounding off pronto if I'm going to fit in that blasted bridesmaids dress next month. blech. You've given me hope and inspiration.

    And wow. Looks like you had a fantastic time at Disneyland (jealous). Someday maybe we can all go to the happiest place on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun. we went on a work trip to disneyland.Eric rode the maliboomer and some other rollercoaster so many times in one night we both had morning sickness the next day. I was pregnant...he was suffering from thinking he was still 17!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I wanna go back! Glad you made so many magical memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ll the pics!! Never apologize for pics! Looks like you had a good time. And you haven't officially experienced Disneyland until you are carrying the exhausted children as you are being ushered out the front gates at closing time. I remember just crying by the end of the night when I was little. That was before season passes, or at least we were too poor to afford them. So my parents had to maximize the once a year trip. I love Disneyland but have lost the debate on getting passes this year... but I did talk Ben into taking me for my birthday (since I'm free anyway!). I'm excited to go on all the big kid rides!! Splash Mountain here we come!! Oh, I also love your Bat Mom shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip! I love the pictures. I really admire how much you treasure and enjoy family moments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a very hilarious home video of Rachel screaming on the big mountain railroad. She and Jack must be kindred spirits. :) (Although it sounds to me like his temperment is more like mine than Rachel's. Lucky you!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! You guys all look great. We did the same thing with Christopher, posing in the "C" last year. How do you get so many pics in one post????

    ReplyDelete