Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hot Shot

I have been feeling so guilty. In my mind I can hear Josh's grandma in American Fork, UT saying "why hasn't Amber blogged lately?" Actually she probably wouldn't use "blogged" as a verb-more like "why hasn't Amber updated her blog lately?" (I am told that she says this if I go too many days between entries.)

After the fun of Disneyland and with my thoughts on life and all that living it entails (in the past two weeks I have heard from friends and family of death of parents, death of friends, miscarriage, birth of new babies, bad news from Dr.'s, good news from Dr.s, moving, etc.) I haven't been able to think of anything blog worthy to post about. Finally I have come up with something...my little Hot Shot.

I call Dallen Hot Shot because, well, because he is a Hot Shot-or at least he thinks he is. He took his time learning to walk (just started finally about a month and a half ago) but even before he was walking he was on the move-trying to keep up with the big brothers, to do what they do. He isn't a sit still kind of kid. But the worst is the climbing. See exhibit 1 from earlier this week:

That is the piano. The worst though is the ladder that leads to the top bunk-Dallen's most desired place in the house. He could climb that thing well before he learned to walk. I have never had a climber before.

And, my little baby (I still refer to him as "baby" on a regular basis, for example "Josh, could you grab a diaper for baby?") is growing up. He is no longer in a high chair, he is at a booster at the table. Yesterday he helped me bake brownies-he even helped stir: (oh! And I put a cute apron on him which he did NOT think was cool but I insisted on just so I could have a cute picture for the blog):

Today at the park he spent most of his time riding various random bikes that he found lying around:

He is moving on to toddlerhood and doing it with style. This kid is fun. Yesterday a friend of mine taught him to sind the Elmo song and now he marches around with his tongue protruding from his cute little lips singing "la la la la."
Oh and how could I forget? One of the funniest things he has learned recently comes directly from big brother Jack. Jack, being of a somewhat contrary nature occasionally, has been known to yell "No!" at me from the back seat of the car on occasion. Within the last few weeks Dal has caught on to this mode of behavior and will mimick Jack with a small and cute version of "no, no, no!" For now it is funny...someday I am sure it won't be.
But, as you can see from the pictures of smiles, he is a happy, wonderful and fun little boy. My little Hot Shot.

2 comments:

  1. We're coming down there in June for a couple days. I can't believe how big ours boys are! Andrew still isn't full on walking- crawling is just too fast:0) Can't wait to get the two (or 5) hot shots together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I can't believe how big he's gotten! It seems like just last month you and your cute little pregnant belly were sitting on the couch at book club! And I completely understand being so frazzled that you don't know what to blog about....I've been on a blogging strike for a few weeks it seems :-/

    ReplyDelete