Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Love Short Little People!

How lucky am I that I get to spend my days with miniature people?

Today has been particularly sweet. I volunteered in Nathan's classroom (something I LOVE doing but haven't gotten to do enough of this year due to things like random and unexpected surgery or the Swine Flu) and got to chat with all sorts of crazy kids. I watched them as they ate their snack and slobbered things like yogurt all down the fronts of their jackets and smeared it all around their mouths and just grinned to myself because it's just flat out cute. I love their carefreeness, their excitement as they all try to tell me things at the same time, their innocence.

Also, Nathan announced his ambitions today. We were talking about college this morning because Thursdays are "college day" at his school. They are supposed to wear college paraphernalia (Go Cougs!) and whatever. I was telling the boys that college is fun because you get to pick whatever it is that you like to learn about and take classes all about it. I said daddy picked chemistry and mommy picked social work. Nathan said "I think I will either do engineer (and no, he doesn't mean like mechanical or electrical. He means driving a train.) or monster truck driver." Awesome Nathan! :)

Dal is 2. I know you already knew that, but I mean Dal is 2. It is like someone flipped a switch and he is completely 2 now. And he is determined. He isn't the yell at you sort of determined. He is the "I'm going to do whatever I want (quietly) no matter how many times you try to change my course." He learned to get out of his crib last week. Bummer. Yesterday at nap time I went in to put him back in his bed 3 times. When I checked on him later he was out cold...on the rocking chair! Oh well. He slept for more than 3 hours there (due to lack of sleep the night before with his new found getting out of the crib excitement). Whatever works I guess.

And Jack. Jack is getting too big and too smart. I told him today that I am really noticing that he is maturing (had to explain what that meant) and getting ready to be a kindergartner. Then I told him that I an NOT cool with that. He grinned and laughed because this is our joke. Mommy doesn't want him to leave her and go to kindergarten next year-and he can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment