Friday, April 16, 2010

With me it's all or nuthin'

I have gone for 16 days now without that blessed taste of chocolate, the sweet taste of warm cookies or a nice bowl of ice cream after the boys are in bed. Josh too-we're in this together.

We decided to swear off treats for the entire month of April. And I think for some reason that has ticked off at least 3 people-not sure why. They ask "why? Why are you doing this?"

I don't know. It just seemed like the thing to do. I can't seem to eat treats in moderation. So in order to cut back, I felt like I had to go cold turkey. I felt like I needed to prove to myself that I am in control, that I can stop this addiction if I want to.

I admit, for the first few days it was hard. I had headaches and cravings. But after about 3 days, the cravings went away and I don't think about it all the time. And I feel healthy and good.

But, boy oh boy-I can't wait for May 1st! :)

2 comments:

  1. People probably think you're doing it for lent or something. I was off sweets for almost a YEAR with that stupid tape worm and I still craved them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. That's when I decided that I was never meant to go without them. They are obviously a part of my genetic makeup. :) I always thought that came entirely from my mom's side of the family, but maybe not . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to May 1st too. I want Amby to make treats for me again. :)

    Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete