Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Balancing Act

I was a cruddy mom today. Cruddy with a capital C. Don't try to tell me differently, don't try to soothe me-my kids could tell you the truth, but I'd rather they didn't.

I wish that there was some way to erase those mistakes. There is only one that I know of-and thank goodness for it-but I wish that I could erase it from my kid's minds too.

I wish that there was some sort of balance-if the good you do during a day outweighs the bad, then you win! Cause I did good today-we rode bikes to PQ donuts, we read Ramona, we had a pizza/cupcake/movie slumber party in the living room tonight, we went to the library... ah, but the library is where things turned sour. Two year olds will be my downfall-I am sure of it.

Anyway, I hate that feeling at the end of the day that I messed up and I can't change that. So tomorrow I recommit to live as "if the Savior stood beside me". I am declaring this to the world so that I will do it. I just hope Dallen makes it easy on me.

4 comments:

  1. I love realistic posts like these!

    I have these days as well--when it LOOKS like I am doing a great job, but inside I just know that I'm not and I need to change.

    You are a great mom, Amber! Just the fact that you are reflecting on the day and wanting to do better illustrates that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? There IS a way to erase it from a kid's memory, especially a 2 year old's mind....TIME! They will remember the slumber party, not Mom getting mad in the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had several of these lately. I am hoping them going to school mellows us all out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to read this and know I'm not the only one. I seriously was thinking these same things last night and this morning! I think part of the positives of this is when we apologize to our kids, they see that we make mistakes too, and it's okay when they make a mistake.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete