Monday, July 25, 2011

Mr. Jack

Now it's time for a post about Jack-the post that I would have written back on his birthday if I hadn't been in the middle of a million and fifty other things.

First of all, Jack is finally toothless! I love toothless kids. In this case though, his teeth never got loose. I had to take him to the dentist to get them pulled because the ones behind were growing in. I hope that doesn't happen with all his teeth. But you can't beat a toothless smile: (or almost toothless since those adult ones are already growing in)


(And by the way-that's fudgesicle around his mouth. That's what summers all about right?)

On Jack's birthday we had only lived here for less than 48 hours and we also baptized Nathan that day. I was worried because I didn't want Nathan's birthday to overshadow Jack's birthday but Jack was unconcerned and still had a great day. After the baptism we went to a park nearby and had a party with both sets of great grandparents, both sets of grandparents and all sorts of uncles and one of the Aunt Natalies and cousin Daniel. Jack was a happy camper.

I love this kid so much. Jack was such a challenge from the age of 1 until he turned 5. Then something happened and all of a sudden he was much more agreeable. Still strong willed and knows what he wants, but willing to express it or deal with it in a more reasonable way.

Jack's obsession right now (and when I say obsession with Jack-I do mean obsession) is Legos. I love it because it is the first toy or activity that has been able to fully capture Jack's attention. He has never been one to play by himself contentedly-until now. And he is a master at coming up with cool creations (and leaving them all over the house and underfoot). :)

Jack is passionate-when he loves something he loves it. When he hates something he hates it.

Jack is tender. He is my most sensitive and emotional child. He is in love with baby Adam and wants to hold him and snuggle him all the time. Leaving San Diego was hard on him-we had a lot of crying and night terrors. Happily he has totally adjusted to Utah and loves it here.

Jack did wonderfully in Kindergarten this year. He is very smart, good at math and reading and made some wonderful friends. Honestly, if I could have hand picked his friends I would have picked the same ones he did. Great choices. He is quiet in class-I hope he gets a teacher this year who will draw him out a little more-but always follows instructions and is a good friend to others. Every time I was in his classroom helping I was proud to see how good he was in class.

What more can I say? Jack is a wonderful kid who I love!

1 comment:

  1. Happy late birthday Jack! Wish we lived closer, you and Luke could obsess over legos together.

    ReplyDelete