Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3/4 of a year

Adam hit 9 months last week, so it's time for my monthly post. I gotta say, I feel sort of great about doing these posts because he is, after all the 4th kid, so yay that we will actually have pictures of him and a monthly update. Plus I am totally smitten by him.

So anyway, I took this little guy to the doctor for his 9 month checkup. They weighed him. They said 14 lbs. 5 oz. Holy cow. That is LITTLE! I knew he was little, but that's only up a pound from his 6 month. I was surprised. I thought he would be bigger than that by now. He still wears 3-6 month clothes a lot of the time. He's probably about the size of a 5 month old.

But the kid eats! Which, may I say, is a wonderful quality in a child. My first two were picky, my second two, eaters and I love it. He is eating lots of table food lately. Right now he is sitting by me eating peas and cheese and a breadstick. The only thing he has ever not liked still is the baby food peas. Don't blame him.

So, he's little, but healthy I guess. And adorable. Don't believe me?

 Proof.

He babbles a lot and might be saying Dada. He's at that stage where it starts to seem like he might be saying it in relation to Josh but it's hard to tell. And in fact this morning he was looking right at Dal and saying Da over and over. But how knows, might just be a fluke.

He also might be waving and definitely gives his version of a high five. 

I like to make his hair standy uppy after a bath. Then it stays that way till the next bath and it's funny.

He sits now (as you can see from the pics) and is using rolling to get around the room and well as sort of slithering on his belly. I did find him on his knees in his bed the other day, but that's just happened once so far.
 The biggest news in his life: about a month ago he was starting to be a really fussy baby. And still very spitty. One day at church he spit up about 20 times to the point that he was covered in it and both of the blanket we brought were soaking. It seemed not normal to me. He had eaten Banana Orange Medley that morning so I started to wonder if that cause him a problem and stopped feeding it to him. Miraculous. Way less spitting, much happier baby. Then I discovered that peaches and apricots were also culprits. I am telling you, it's like we have a new kid! Poor guy must have been having some serious heart burn or something.

He's got two teeth and he wants to show you:
 

I love him, I love him, I love him!!!

9 month laundry basket shot:

1 comment:

  1. So he's allergic to citrus? That's too bad! I thought you were going to say bananas, because that runs in our blood somewhere. They make my dad throw up, but he likes them so much that he eats them every once in a while anyway. Weirdo.

    ReplyDelete