Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Holi

I have a bit of an obsession with India after having several good friends from India back in San Diego. And I really want my boys to learn a bit of culture in this sheltered Utah environment.

While my mom was here visiting I made Indian food (not a hit with my family...they're nuts) and then we did our own version of Holi, an Indian holiday celebrated in the spring. It celebrates the brightness of spring and to do so, they throw bright colored chalk dust at each other.

I'm either a really great mom or totally and completely insane. I am definitely thinking the insane part is more like it. We did this in our backyard:



The boys loved it but oh the mess it made. We have several completely ruined items of clothing, towels, etc. Oh well. Not something we will do often, but fun while it lasted.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a fun mom!!!! And you are also insane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a few clothes when you're busy making memories, right?! This looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete