Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lemonade Stand

(This is going to be a bit of blogorrhea this week as I try to catch up on posts that I have been neglecting because I am obsessed with my new blog)

For Spring Break back at the beginning of April I came up with a list of activities for me and my boys to do during that week...one for each letter of the alphabet. We had a blast doing them and definitely one of the favorites for my boys was letter L. A Lemonade Stand.

They've never really done one before and I have to say, this one was quite a doozy! Our backyard is right at the tee box of a golf course, so they sat in our yard and caught all the golfers passing. At 25 cents a cup (and they sold some cookies for 50 cents each) $15 total is not a bad profit! They were stoked. And wanted to do it again the next day. I told them they couldn't or the city might shut them down for making too much money. :)

Here are some pictures of the happy salesmen: (I told them to show me what success looks like)
 (Thankfully, we have all had haircuts since these pictures were taken)

 Nathan's sign. I told him to be descriptive and convincing. In case you can't read it, it says: 25 cents for delicious, suculant, awsome, scrumptios, sweet LEMONADE! Superawsome! Think! 25 cents (with a pic of lemonade). And my favorite part "no chemicals" That kid...
I guess it was pretty convincing because hardly a golfer went by without buying some. And it kept them entertained for a good 3 hours, though I stayed close by to supervise. I am sure we will be doing this again during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment