Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm the lucky one really...


Tonight I realized that I never write much on my blog about Josh. So this post is dedicated to him. When Josh called his mission pres. 8 years ago to tell him he was engaged, his mission Pres. said to him "well, you are a lucky man to have her" or something along those lines, and Josh, getting confused about what his Pres. had just said responded with "Well President, she's the lucky one really." We still laugh about that today, and truly, I am the lucky one really.

Today I am grateful for Josh because:

1. He cooks! I know not all wives can say that about their hubbies but this man can cook and loves to cook. He made us dinner tonight-Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers and potato salad. And all this while I slept!

2. He is such a fun daddy to the boys. They love to play "daddy knock over game" with him and to wrestle him and I just love to see them doing that. He has a role to fulfill with his sons that I just can't do-it is his alone and he does it wonderfully. Chest thumps/high fives before bed, long talks about science with Nathan, Hubert the Traveling Monarch Butterfly stories at bedtime, snuggles with Jack (who actually calls out for daddy in the night which I really love), belly tickles for Dal, the list could go on and on.

3. He treats me like a queen. I know that sounds so cliche, but how else can I put it? He sent me an email the other day when I was feeling sad and just reading his words I could tell he was willing to do anything to help cheer me up. Josh never gets angry at me (well, if he by chance gets a little irritated it is short lived and he treats me well in spite of it) and he should probably get mad at me more often, and he is so willing to help me out in anything. He lets me sleep in on occasion-a rare priviledge around our house, makes Nathan's lunches in the evening, helps do the dishes and clean up our thrashed house after the boys go to bed at night, you get the picture.

There are a million more little things I love about him but he said that I should not stay up and blog too late. I just wanted to say: This guy is great!

2 comments:

  1. I loved watching Josh follow you guys out during sacrament meeting. It's very cool to see how aware he is of his family and then march down to the rescue as he saw you struggling with getting three kids out the door!

    It's so obvious, isn't it, how important it is for kids to have a mom and a dad? I love this confession, "He has a role to fulfill with his sons that I just can't do-it is his alone and he does it wonderfully." So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, You deserve it! Brandon always commented on what a good guy/dad Josh is.

    ReplyDelete