Monday, October 6, 2008

I think I am sick!

Thanks to Jen-my friend from Madison, I have a new sickness. Hi my name is Amber and I am totally and completely addicted to Grocery Gaming. I blogged about it once before but just couldn't resist doing it once again. Hey, it's my blog right? I can write about it again! I am just loving this game of saving money! Here is my picture (yes, I took a picture because I was that excited!) of what I bought last week:



I got 3 things of Tide, enough makeup to last me at least a year (4 lipsticks, 2 mascaras, 1 foundation all in the brand I usually use), 2 things of Ziplocs, Scrubbing Bubbles, 2 of my very favorite cookie dough (Pilsbury), pasta, spagetti sauce, Halloween Candy, 2 boxes of pancakes, 2 kids toothpastes, Reese's Puffs (me and Josh's new favorite after the boys go to bed treat), hand soap, dish soap, and anything else in that picture that I forgot to list all for the low low price of $59.62! (The makeup alone might have cost me that at regular prices. At CVS I was watching the total as she rung it up-$69. Then as she entered coupons and deals it went down to something like $23. Nice! I think my total savings was something like $80. I look forward to Mondays every week (my shopping day) just because I have so much fun doing this. And no, I am not buying things that I would not otherwise buy so yes, this is saving me hundreds of dollars.

Today I got 1 Children's Tylenol, 1 Children's Ibu, 1 Adult Ibu, 1 Adult Tylenol, 2 toothbrushes, 1 tube of toothpaste, 4 bags of Halloween Candy, a bar of soap, a pack of razors, a bag of candy corn, hmm, and I think that was everything for I think it was $24. Plus I have $2 in extra care bucks to use next time.

OK, so now you all know, I am sick-I get totally and completely excited about going to the grocery store!

4 comments:

  1. I have played that game before and yes it is addicting. My problem was the stuff is so cheap I would buy all the junk food I wouldn't normally buy so I had to stop. It is a good way to stock up on some food storage though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yes, the grocery game! My Shopping day was Wed just before Play group! Oh how I can relate! I once bought...I should say got 18 packages of diapers for free. I paid $5 for every 3 packages, but then received a $5 coupon for every 3 packages. Wow, as you can tell I still get so excited about this deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up the website the last time you blogged about it. I haven't had time to figure it all out, but you've definitely peaked my curiosity! Maybe after the baby comes I'll have time to look into it. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it interesting that you listed razor blades inbetween halloween candy and candy corn...

    ReplyDelete