Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Two little turkeys...

(Glad I spell so well-just realized I had spelled Turkeys wrong! Duh!)

Today Nathan is home from school (for Veteran's day) and since our days with Nathan home are rare I always like to try to do something fun on the days that he is with us. (Sweet Jack has commented twice lately that he wishes we were still in Madison because Nathan didn't go to school then. He misses big brother!)

Anyway, I couldn't think of anything fun to go and do today so I decided we would just stay around here and do Thanksgiving crafts. First we painted their hands and made handprint turkies which turned out really cute and were fun to make. Then we made Turkey hats. I will let the picture speak for itself. Now I have two little turkeys running around yelling "bock bock" (someone should teach these kids what turkeys say!) They wore these to Taco Bell at lunch and were sure that everyone was looking at them thinking "what cool hats." I'm sure they were too...

5 comments:

  1. Those are way cute! Very cute Thanksgiving pictures! You are sucha good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are awesome!!! your cute little turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool hats those two little boys are wearing! You do such creative and fun things with your kids. Fun to see it.
    Rolayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! :) Amber, you said on my blog that you want to be like my mom...you already are! You are such a fun, creative, and loving mom!!

    You also mentioned on my blog that you might want to read the play. I have to warn you; there's some bad language in it that I have to white out for my students. I don't want you to be appalled if you read it and think I am a heathen. :) The play was originally a novel, which I've never read, but I plan to read it this summer. The story is just so good.

    Thanks for posting on my blog. It makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! I need to do more crafty things with my kids. Those two boys look like they had a great time making those, too. :)

    ReplyDelete