Sunday, November 2, 2008

Timmy's Trip

Meet Tim, my cute little brother who graced us with his presence in San Diego this week.

My boys love "Uncle TT" and have had a wonderful week full of wrestling, Wii playing, fine tuning their sports skills and showing Timmy San Diego.
Tim got here Wednesday and that night, at his request, we made pumpkin shaped sugar cookies. Thursday morning we went hiking at Torrey Pines which was wonderful (expect the part where I figured we would save the $8 parking fee and hike into the park, not realizing that would mean a huge hike up a mountain just to get to the actual trailhead). It was gorgeous:

Poor Tim ended up carrying one or both of the boys (at the same time) for a lot of the hike.
Thursday night we carved pumpkins. I don't know if I have ever seen white pumpkins before-we thought that was pretty cool!

Friday we went to the Zoo. And this is why I just love my Dallen. All I have to do is say "Dallen" and point the camera at him and this is what he does:
He was a trooper at the Zoo. We saw most of it that day and it is huge! By the time we went home everyone was hot, tired and hungry. But, we had a great time. We saw the Wild Ones show-the boys thought it was really neat to see a Cheetah up close.
Saturday morning we went to the beach. Yes, we went to the beach in November!! It was wonderful. We went to a different beach than we had been to before and it was very pretty. Tons of people were out surfing that morning-too bad we didn't have a surf board so Tim could try. The boys loved playing in the sand and water, like always. These are my favorite pictures from the beach trip. Once again, I caught the many sides of Jack on camera: (all I did to get this response from him was say "Jack. He was mad at me for saying his name.)

And then 10 seconds later there is that cute little smiley guy that I love so much!





Last night Tim watched the boys so Josh and I could go on a date!!!! We haven't been on a real date I don't think since maybe July. We used to date swap in Madison fairly regularly, so it feels weird to have gone so long without a date.

Our date was fantastic! I said to Josh that it felt like the kind of date that you go one when you are dating before you get married. More exotic than our typical trip to Chili's and maybe Target on the way home. We went to La Jolla to a little Thai restaurant. It was fantastic! The ambiance was perfect-sort of fancy-feeling, with nice, relaxing music playing in the background. Josh said he felt like he should be reaching across the table stroking my hand because it felt so romantic. The food was great too! This was just a random restaurant we found on google when Josh decided to search for Thai food in the area on a whim. (For those of you in San Diego, it was called La Basil-you should go!)

Then we went to La Jolla Cove and walked around on a little pathway up above the ocean. We saw a seal and some pelicans and just enjoyed the beautiful view of the ocean. It was very nice!

3 comments:

  1. Aren't brothers great!! Your date almost makes me wish I lived in California. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys have been having a ball! My own two brothers are coming for Thanksgiving and I can't wait! They are a riot. :) Your date sounds wonderful, too. We should trade babysitting for date nights. We don't get out nearly enough, either. Oh, I was also going to ask what new beach you found? And I love, love, love that picture of Dallen. He's sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's what makes me cry. I'm not crying for me or the injustice or anything like that. I'm crying because they're targeting the prophet of the Lord. He won't even see any of those postcards, but the fact that anyone would even think of placing the blame for all this on his shoulders makes me weep. He is probably the closest thing to perfect on this earth. You're right, though, I need to just laugh and not let it get to me. What I really need to do is step away from the computer and think about something other than Prop 8 for a while. :) Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete