Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A New Friend

On Jack's first day of Kindergarten they had to draw a picture of something they wanted to learn this year. Jack's picture showed that he wanted to learn how to make friends. :)

Within about 3-4 days in Kindergarten Jack started mentioning each day that he ate lunch with a boy named Andrew. Soon I met Andrew and then Andrew's mom who said that Andrew was also talking about Jack all the time. (And actually, after talking a little we discovered that Nathan sits next to Andrew's sister Amanda in his class!)

Jack and Andrew have quickly become best friends. Andrew is sweet and a little timid at first, just like Jack, but fun and a great kid to be around. We had Andrew over for the first playdate last week and they were in heaven. I am thrilled that Jack has found such a cute, sweet, well behaved friend. They make a good pair. And tell me these kids aren't adorable:

ps-Jack has made several other friends now too, though Andrew is still his favorite. I am happy that he is being friendly and making good friends!

pps-I have also made a bunch of friends-moms on the playground. I had forgotten how nice it is to have to get out of the car for drop off because you meet all the parents. (Only have to do that for Kindergarten, so I didn't have to do it last year.) And it is amazing that my new friends are from all over the world-India, Thailand, Taiwan, etc.  Love it!

1 comment: