Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life in the Lap of Luxury

I've been feeling a little bit guilty that I haven't blogged about what we did on our trip to Wisconsin other than to state the things we miss or don't miss about Wisconsin. Guilty-like maybe my mother in law is secretly ticked off at me for not showing a little gratitude after a great trip or at the very least for not showing her pictures of the boys having a good time at her house.

Josh's mom and dad know how to show us a good time. When we got home and everyone asked how our trip to WI was I responded that we were spoiled and we loved every minute of it.

The boys have a blast riding plasma cars in the basement with grandma and singing songs at the piano with grandpa. We spent a lot of time just relaxing at Grammy and Grampa's house and I loved it and for anyone who knows me, that's saying something because I usually like to be on the go!

Some of the highlights included:

The best bubble bath I have ever seen:


Chalk artwork on the driveway: Nathan's love message for Grammy-
And Josh displays his artistic talent (that's a bubble spill on Buzz's arm)-

Playing at the park:
Oh wait, I meant the little boys playing at the park:

(One more thing I forgot to list on our "we miss" list-king chairs! I have never seen one of these swings in CA)
Slip n Slide fun:


And of course Josh and his dad pontificated about all the deeper meanings of life and the world's political woes. It's tradition.
I brought a pile of like 10 books with me. I am not kidding. I got through 1 and part of 2 others. But the one I got through was REALLY good.

I wish everyday could be vacation.

6 comments:

  1. Random comments:
    Great pictures!
    Josh is so talented with chalk! Wow! I bet your boys loved that!
    Never seen those King chairs.
    "pontificated"- good word! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have king chairs at the parks in St. Louis, too! I must say, the bubble bath pics are outrageously cute, but the best pic BY FAR is Josh coming down that Slip n Slide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what Sarah said. What a picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are great - and no, I'm not secretly ticked off! Having you guys here was really fun - we miss the action and the noise and everything else. That bubble bath was one for the history books. And it's good to see that Josh can still do a mean slide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Josh--that slip and slide picture is reminiscent of Webb Family Reunions gone by. I can still see you clutching the grass at the end of the slide to pull yourself to victory! Looks like you guys had a great time. I heard all about that bubble bath. It looks outrageously fun! I can't wait for all of us to get together for Thanksgiving. I'm already thinking up all kinds of capers for us and the kids. Amber, I'll bring my tap shoes for the Polar Express Party. I'm sure we can work up quite the production number (yes, Josh, we will work the Lawrence Welk chorus number in as well...sway, 2, 3, 4 and walk, 2, 3, 4...).

    ReplyDelete