Friday, May 6, 2011

Help Me Out

OK, I guess I am getting desperate in order to be posting this on my blog. This is not a big deal, but it keeps rolling around in my mind with no solution, so I thought I would enlist some help. PLEASE respond to this. Don't leave me hanging.

As you know, I am about to be a home owner AND about to have a new baby. I want to decorate the nursery a little since I can. So, I started with a concept, but I haven't gotten very far. Here is what I have:




I have those 4 little guys-I haven't framed them yet (those pics are from Etsy). I wanted to theme the nursery around them, specifically the turtle because I am in love with him. But that is as far as I have gotten.

I thought I might applique them out of fabric on a blanket for the crib and then just get a matching crib sheet. But I don't know what colors to use. Pastels, bright? What colors? I have no flair for this sort of thing. I copy ideas well but I don't come up with them.

What else could I do in the nursery? I want to keep it pretty low cost since we are spending tons on the house and other things.

Please give me your creative ideas.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not craft, but as far as color: I would go with the 4 colors in the pictures. Very cute! Maybe a quilt to hang on the wall using those 4 colors. Then paint the wall a paler shade, perhaps light blue or light green. Or a totally different color, like taupe. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for black frames. Nice contrast to the white print background. White crib sheet, or a bright matching color (red).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take that back. I actually kind of like the white frames better. This is a nursery, afterall... white is more innocent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really fun. I would use them as art and use the colors for inspiration. In my mind it makes a really fun, color and pattern filled room.

    I found this, but it doesn't use a lot of the orange found in the brown tiger one: http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Target-Dot-Fun-Crib/dp/B002A3P604/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_2_title

    You could use any color for inspiration for wall color. Or pick one color and do curtains with that. I think it would be fun to mix and match patterns as well. So like, gingham curtains, striped cribskirt, etc. Maybe making another piece of art, just modgepodging a set or words or phrases on a plain white canvas, using similar patterned/colored scrapbook paper that you cut out into letters. A lamp with a solid colored shade in one of the colors of the prints you ordered. Maybe a fun thrifted table you paint in one of the colors for the lamp to be on, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say orange as a base color. Then mix and match shades of orange with the colors inthe frames as accent colors. And I'm all about mixing patterns. It would be super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brighter the better, honey! Everyone has a pastel baby nursery. Jazz it up! Paint is a cheap way to liven a room up. Bright crib sheets are impossible to find, but easy to make....even for me, so you can look at a tutorial and be done in about 2 seconds. I like the white frames, UNLESS you're going for a black crib. If you had a black crib you could do colorful walls (all colorful or one accent wall, which would be the one behind the crib) with a different brightly colored sheet with those pics in a row behind/above the crib so they're the focal point of the room. A bright lamp would be fun, make a bright cushion for your rocking chair, etc. Bright fabric target tubs to store toys and blankets in, etc. Rainbow!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete