Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time...

No, I don't mean January is the most wonderful time of the year. I am just late on posting about Christmas. January in fact, is probably my least favorite month, though weather wise it has been kind to us so far this year.

But anyway, Christmas this year may have been my favorite Christmas since Josh and I married. We had both of our families in town and we packed in a ton of fun!

Christmas Eve was my favorite day. We started the morning with a service scavenger hunt with my family. We divided into two teams and hit the town to see how many acts of kindness and service we could perform in about 1.5 hours. It was a BLAST! The highlight of Christmas for me. The best part was that the kids got really into it too. I think that will be a Christmas tradition for us now.

That afternoon we went ice skating. Even Grandma and Grandpa skated! The boys loved it and it was nice to have so many uncles and grandparents to help keep them on their feet.

For dinner we did fondue. The whole three courses-cheese, meat, chocolate. It was yummy but a lot of work. Then, we attempted to pack in acting out the nativity, singing Christmas songs, playing Tommy Wright, opening Christmas jammies, and playing Minute to Win It games. This is the one part of the day that was maybe a little too much. We were exhausted by the end of all that.

The boys got matching Christmas jammies made by mom. Adam loved his:
(On a side note, yes, Nathan has a red mark on his forehead. He is Harry Potter and that is his scar. Actually, Jack has one in this picture too. Nathan has marched around the house like that for several weeks now. At least our kids can never complain that we didn't let them be themselves. I didn't even make him wash it off for the picture!)

Santa brought sleds and some small Ninjago toys. We spent the morning of Christmas with my family, went to church, then went to Josh's grandparents to see them and his parents. Unfortunately Grandma was very sick and actually headed to the hospital while we were there, but the good news is she is feeling much better now! We really missed her though. After playing with Josh's parents for a while we came back to our house for Christmas dinner with my family. I think breaking up the day like this was perfect for the boys. They were so happy the whole day, very little whining or complaining or fighting. It was the best!

The rest of the week was filled with way too much fun with both of our families, and THAT is why January is my least favorite month. It's so boring after all the fun of Christmas. Of course there are always my many projects...but those are for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment