Saturday, January 14, 2012

Big D



The last blog post was titled demolition. That could be the title of this post too really. This post is about Dallen, and Dallen has been known to create his share of demolition.

Dallen turned 4 today. And we celebrated the only way we could think of for Dallen:
We flipped. Dallen's favorite place to go is Lowe's Air Sports Extreme. It's a trampoline and foam pit heaven and this little boy is a dare devil. The trampoline that he is flipping from in this picture is the same one that he back flipped off last time we went there while I wasn't looking. He loves to jump, climb, flip. Perhaps that's the cause of much of the demolition I mentioned previously.

Dallen is very thoughtful. I believe in a previous birthday post, probably the one when he turned two, I mentioned this same characteristic. We noticed it early on and it is still true. I love that about him. He constantly thinks of others in ways that I believe are beyond the scope of a typical 4 year old. He shares, he thinks to thank, he cares about others feelings. Today he said to me "sanks for the birthday." Love it.

He is also very fun. He has a ton of energy and gets very excited about things. He makes our family more fun because of his zest for life. 

Right now Dallen's favorite thing is Lego Ninjago, so we celebrated Ninja style today. His cake was a Ninjago face: 

His Joy School cupcakes were Ninjago:
He wore his favorite costume, his "Jays." (Jay is his favorite Ninjago character.) And his birthday signs hanging all over the house featured all of the Ninja guys. 
The lady who likes to sit behind us in church told me last Sunday that if Dallen went missing not to come to her house to search for him. I think she has a little crush on him. That's good because that was just after she had watched him break the hymn book holder on our pew. Did I mention destruction?

This picture sums up Dallen in a way that no words could. This is pure Dallen:
I took Dallen out to lunch this week for a free birthday meal and while we were there I interviewed him. Here are his responses:

Favorites:
Color: Blue, Red, White, Black. The Ninjago colors.
Food: French Fries, Hot Dogs and Chicken Nuggets
Drink: Chocolate Milk and Rootbeer
Show: Ninjago
Treat: Cosmic Brownies
Best Friend: Jack
Thing to do with Mom: Light Saber Fighting
Thing to do with Dad: Daddy Date
Thing to do with Brothers: Play Sonic and Mario Olympics (wii game)
Toy: (You guessed it...) Lego Ninjago
Song: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and Jingle Bells

If you woke up one morning and you could do absolutely anything what would you do? Have screen time all day. 

What makes you...?
Excited: Birthday!
Scared: Getting jammies or clothes wet
Happy: When some of my clothes are clean
Mad: When we have to go home from somewhere

What do you want to be when you grow up? 16
No, I mean what do you want to do for a job? Drive you to somewhere.

Best thing in your life? Screen time (as you can see, it's a good thing we limit screen time in our house)

Hardest thing in your life? When I make a big mess in my room

Love this kid!  

3 comments:

  1. This post just made me miss you guys. :( I can't believe Dallen is four! And I love that running picture of him. It was one of my favorites!! Happy Birthday, Dallen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!!! So sweet and full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable boy he is!! Glad he had such a fun birthday! We wish we could have been there to celebrate with him too. Grandmas shouldn't live so far away :(

    ReplyDelete