Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Little Man

When I look at Nathan sometimes lately I realize that this kid, this little baby who made me a mom, is not so much a little kid anymore. We have definitely passed into big kid phase. Weird.

Nathan is so Nathan. He always has been. There are things he loves and he is so completely in Nathan world when he does them.

He loves to draw. Spends hours doing it every week and he is SO creative! He was writing and drawing comic strips this week about El Loco Senior and other crazy characters. He's a very good writer and a good drawer.

Tonight he spent the whole evening doing "Tasty Science" and food related science kit he got a while back. He just gets involved in a project and doesn't stop.

He also loves to read. He reads and reads and reads.

He's got a new gang of friends which makes me so so so happy. Last year was fine. He started at a new school, kind of sort of made friends with some 3rd graders but mostly hung out with Jack and his friends. This year 2 new boys moved into our neighborhood and he is buddies with both of them and plays with them at recess. So happy about that.

One really neat thing about Nathan is that he is friendly and kind to everyone. He doesn't pay any attention to the typical things that kids his age judge others on. I recently mentioned a girl in his class and said she could sure use a friend and his immediate response was "well I'm her friend!" and he proceeded to tell me all about games the two of them have played and things. Last year he was friends with the kid in his class who was most likely to need someone. I love that about Nathan. I hope he will always be like that.

In soccer this season it's like watching a different kid on the field. Last year he was so timid and hardly touched the ball. This year is completely different. He even scored a goal...the game winning goal! And got a penalty called on him for knocking a kid over when he went for the ball. (Proud mama moment even if it shouldn't have been a penalty since he was really just going for the ball. Still, Nathan was going for the ball!)

He got to go the Brigham City Temple dedication with us today. Pretty neat. Like I said, my baby is growing up. 

Love this crazy man!

1 comment:

  1. I love this boy! In our short time together, he certainly won all of our hearts!

    ReplyDelete