Monday, April 27, 2009

12 pounds of FAT...

GONE! As I mentioned before, Josh and I have been doing Tae Bo for about a month now. And eating a little healthier-ok, a little. (Did I mention free Ben and Jerry's Night last week, 31 cent Baskin Robbins night this week and FREE Carvel ice cream this week? How can you pass up deals like that? Oh, and my incessant need to bake? But anyway...)

Mostly for me that has involved NOT eating 2 waffles with PB and syrup every morning (sigh-how I miss my sweet waffles) because I realized that I was eating about 600 calories at breakfast alone. Now I eat Cheerios-150 or so calories. Not counting the heaping spoonful of sugar I put on them. And a pretty healthy lunch and then allowing myself a big and wonderful (but not too big and wonderful) treat each night.

Anyway, every Monday night we weigh in on our Wii Fit. Tonight when we weighed in the grand total weight loss between the 2 of us was 12 pounds. I won't say who has lost what, but Josh has lost double what I have! I know, easy math. He looks great! And I am perfectly happy with my contribution to the total. If nothing else, working out helps my body image-a lot. My original goal was only to lose 6 pounds-not too much farther. Yay for us!

2 more things-did I mention that Baskin Robbins has 31 cent scoop night on Wednesday (5-10 pm all over the country) and Carvel (if you have that near you-I have never even been to one) has free Icebergs on Thursday from 3-7. Wouldn't want to deprive all of you of these fantastic treats.

Second, I just found out my cousin is moving to San Diego next Jan.!!! (Laura for those of you who know my cousins and are wondering-don't want to confuse anyone). I am going to live near family-for at least 6 months (if we end up moving away next summer). I haven't lived near family in a long, long time! Well, unless you count being 2 hours away from the in laws in WI which of course does count for something, but it wasn't the same city or anything. YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. You are an ice cream addict much like myself! :) But you are incredibly tiny for having had 3 kids! Indulge in the waffles every once in a while! (I love them that way!) It's so exciting about Laura---hopefully I can come visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete