Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just a Happy Day

The title is the title to a chapter in Anne of Avonlea-just a happy day. And that is what we had today-just a happy day.

I woke up this morning to Josh leaving the house with all three boys to go clean the church so I decided to stay in bed and read. (Josh and I take turns sleeping in on the weekends-tomorrow will be his day.) There is nothing better than laying in bed, snuggled under the covers for an hour in the morning with the window open and blowing in a soft, breeze promising a beautiful day to come while reading a really good book. I was reading Anne of the Island. I am in love with the Anne books.

When Josh and the boys got home we went out for Brunch. Doesn't that sound sophisticated? I have never gone out to brunch before. We used Restaurant.com (actually Granny and Gramps gave us this gift cert. from Restaurant.com-thanks guys!) to go to Le Cake Chateau-even the name sounds sophisticated! I had french toast (and eggs, bacon and the best hashbrowns I have ever eaten) and Josh had Strawberry and Cream crepes. The boys had oreo muffins and a cookie. It was a sweet and cute little restaurant right in the heart of downtown.

Then we drove to Coronado-just because I have been wanting to. Going over the bridge was freaky and wonderful!

This afternoon while the boys napped I got an hour to read again! Now this is a luxurious day!

At about 2:30 I took the boys (Josh was at work) to the YMCA to swim (did I mention the weather was perfect today? 78 I think and pure blue sky). Turns out it was free day at the YMCA which was just an added bonus! We spent about an hour and a half there with our neighbors. The boys had a blast playing in the "splash park" and I alternated between playing with them and sitting and talking with my friend.

Now we are going to eat pizza and go to Walmart-ok I admit I don't usually consider Walmart part of a happy day, but we have a $25 gift certificate to use up so we are going to get a few more things for our 72 hour kit.

Sorry, no pictures of the happy day, you will just have to use your imagination. :) Ah, I love days like this!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me happy just reading about it. I expect days like this in late May (after the Germans and the wedding).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy days are the best, especially when it includes personal time to stay in bed and read!

    ReplyDelete