Wednesday, April 29, 2009

When the school nurse calls...

When the phone rings and I answer it to hear "this is Mary from Sundance..." my heart drops. Oh no! What is wrong with Nathan?

But then she says "just wanted to let you know that Nathan fell down at school today and got pretty scraped up. He is fine, back in class, but I just wanted to let you know."

And then, when I hung up I started to giggle. What kind of mom giggles when the nurse calls to say that her sweet little son fell down and got hurt? It's just that this is the 4th time this year that Nathan has been in the nurse's office because he fell down and got cut! I don't think that in all my years of schooling I ever had that experience and Nathan has done it 4 times now. Can you say graceful?

3 comments:

  1. Graceful...or maybe just adventurous. A real risk taker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny. Brooke goes to the nurses office like every other day. Almost never anything serious, but I never remember going to the nurses office. And I hate it to when I get a call from the nurse. Your heart beats a little faster until you find out it is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always joke that Austin is just racking up frequent flyer miles with the nurse. They don't even call me all the time anymore!

    ReplyDelete