Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Essence of Boyhood

This is a post I have had written in my head for a week and a half now and I am just now getting it up.

Two Saturdays ago I was up bright and early with the boys who were playing in the garage, when to our wonder we heard the sound of a truck backing up. Upon further exploration (opening the garage) we discovered a cement mixer pouring a new patio at the neighbor's house right across the street. We quickly parked ourselves on the driveway (joined shortly by our neighbors to the right who also have a little boy) and watched in awe.

The excitement of the morning carried on as we then moved on to making our own concrete and building buildings...
In full costume...

3 comments:

  1. Bob the Builder meets Marvel meets scuba diving...so cool. Reminds me of a tub we found when we were moving. It was labeled "unders of all sizes, leotards, and super hero cape." Basically a super hero costume in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pix remind me of another little boy -- about 24+ years ago. It does my heart good to see such delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how they wrap their arms around each other for pictures. They really are best friends. I love their costumes, as always ;)

    ReplyDelete