Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Intergallactic Emergency

Another year, another party-over and done. This year we combined the boys party into one (which I used to swear I would never do but just seemed to make sense this year since most of their friends are mutual friends-mostly from Nathan's school). It was wild, it was crazy, Josh and I took naps afterwards, it rained that day (can you imagine-in San Diego!) so we had to move it all inside, we went over the top and felt like maybe we overdid it, and the boys loved it! Here are the pictures:

The invitations were cool but my ma said I had to remove them because they had our name, address and phone number on them...

The kids arrived and made Space Ranger helmets (see the green hats?) Then we had Space Ranger training which involved a few games like a relay wearing Space boots and space packs, throwing moon rocks and a Moon walk (stomping on bubble wrap) see below:



My 2 Space Rangers enjoying the fun:
Damien doing the Space Suit Relay:
Then they hunted for Zurg (a treasure hunt ending in a pinata) and had to defeat him (break the pinata-Josh spent WAY too much time on the pinata) followed by a celebration at Pizza Planet and cake (I spent WAY too much time on the cake). Then they opened presents and played like wild things for the last 20 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. Okay--this is amazing! What a space ranger's dream come true! That cake is spectacular! And the life-sized evil zurg pinata--holy cow Josh. I am so impressed. Complete with cape and everything. I want you guys to plan my birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Sam and I were a day too late to truly gawk. That looks amazingly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! I can't believe you MADE that cake! Looks like a fabulous party! My mom would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been anxiously waiting the pictures from the party -- and they exceeded my imagination. The cake was very professional and "amazing" as Nathan said. Josh's pinata looked like a great villain. But most of all, the kids looked like they were having buckets of fun -- in spite of the rain. Your boys are lucky to have you guys for parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my next life i want to come back as Amber Price...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake is AWESOME!! Well done Amber! And the pinata too, didn't Josh do that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a way cool idea. Eli had a space birthday too this year. I wish I would of had a few of your ideas those. Way cute!

    ReplyDelete