Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Everything is breaking...

Actually, even beyond everything breaking, it has been sort a Murphy's Law week.

But, back to the beginning...to start with, we have a broken toilet lid, a towel rack that fell down and the door to our coat closet fell off. Nice. We hoped to get them fixed before Josh's parents came to visit but it didn't happen. Oh well.

Fast forward to Monday. Monday started out just great. We were going to meet Josh for lunch but he remembered that he had a meeting so we couldn't, so we planned a trip to the library instead. I was getting everything ready and put Dal in the car to play while I finished getting it all together. Nathan closed the door to the van, Dal locked it from inside. And then I remembered that I didn't know where my keys were and had used Josh's on Sunday since I couldn't find my own. I couldn't find them in the house. In the end we were able to coax Dal to unlock the car (well, my father in law was able to coax him to) so we got him out...lucky for him because as it would turn out my car keys were under the front seat of the car-a great place for them to be.

So, we get everyone in the car and drive to the library-and it is closed. Went to the park instead. Then, in the afternoon the boys wanted to go swimming with Grandpa one last time before he left town, so off they headed to the local pool which was-you guessed it-closed. So they found another pool which was also closed but luckily the indoor portion of it was opened so they went there.

I can't recall the rest of the crazy things that happened that day but there were a few more. Anyway, that night the food storage shelves in Dal's closet where I keep our usable, three month supply kind of stuff buckled and collapsed-at 11:30 while everyone was in bed. Obviously I am way too good at the food storage/grocery gaming thing and have a wonderful amount of food. Just not wonderful if you are the shelf that it is all sitting on. It was an interesting sight though to see that pile of food! Wow!

Next morning I wake the boys up, open their curtains and-what do you think? They crash to the ground! :) Oh this is getting good.

Then, about 10 o'clock I realized my chipped and repaired front tooth is about to break again-it was wiggling and on the verge of falling off-and I am about to leave town for 10 days and don't really want to be dealing with that on vacation. And so, off to the dentist I went and now my tooth is fixed.

And today the pool we were going to go swimming in was closed.

Really, all of these things are laughable. They are nothing in the grand scheme of life and honestly haven't caused any great amount of stress. I just think it is comical that they are all happening right now. I hope our streak of bad luck is over. Hmmm....

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't realize the extent earlier--holy cow! Just hope you got out all the bad luck before a road trip . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stresses me out just imagining it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sounds like my life. I would say those are the kind of weeks to just stay home and not go out but that is where alot of you problems are! Maybe a vacay is the perfect thong for you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont worry, i love you no matter how chip your toof is

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously had a week very similar to that a couple of weeks ago! One thing after another, I'm glad it's over...hopefully!

    ReplyDelete