Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happiness is...

When I was a kid my grandma had a little paperback book. It was the peanuts characters-you know, Charlie Brown, Lucy-and it was called "Happiness is..." Page after page listed things that make you happy. I don't remember what those things were but I find my own version everyday.

Happiness is...

The look on your little boys' faces when you suddenly and surprisingly pull into the McDonald's drive thru on your way home from the Wild Animal Park to get them ice cream cones

Watching an 18 month old discover the wonder of bubbles and dandelions and all of the other little miracles in the front yard

Two brothers spending hours building and rebuilding a castle/bridge/hot wheels house and finding so much satisfaction in their creativity and brotherhood

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm I should have tagged along longer. :) I love McD's hot fudge sundaes.

    ReplyDelete