Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Two funnies

Two funny things from the kids this week.

In church on Sunday Jack was sitting by me during the sacrament. He asked me to read him a book and I whispered that I wouldn't because I was trying to think about Jesus. He patiently waited a few minutes and then whispered "it's ok if you think about Jesus for a while but don't do it for TOO long because I want you to read me this book!"

Me and the boys walked to 7-11 yesterday. As we were walking along Nathan asked "did any of you bring a knife?" Me and Jack responded "no." "Well, that's good because don't worry..." and he whips a butter knife right out of his undies! "If a bad guy comes along I can protect you!" What a kid!

8 comments:

  1. Classic! I laughed at loud at the knife story. I can totally picture that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great stories! The best part about the knife story is that Nathan had been walking along with that knife in his pants, planning and waiting for the perfect moment to wow you all with his bravery and preparedness. I love it. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knife in the undies... I am rolling! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug would be proud. Way to protect your family Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That story about Nathan is CLASSIC! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O MAN NATHAN CRACKES ME UP THAT IS GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  7. k, those are both hilarious! I wish I remembered all those cute little things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a good son/brother to be protecting his family! Good thing he thought of it, since you obviously hadn't!!

    ReplyDelete