Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Don't you wish YOU had married Josh

Sorry girls-I already got him.

Last night I got home from a 2 day trip to Las Vegas for a trade show for my business. Josh stayed home with the boys those two days (which I think was his first time spending several full days with them?). I was sitting on the couch trying to catch up on business emails and Josh was mysteriously sitting on the next couch over typing away but not telling me what he was doing. Then I got this email: (he was literally creating this poem at that moment-amazing!)

You left to go to Vegas, and I thought I would be fine;
That it would be a breeze attending to each little whine.
“To stay at home,” I thought, “now really, how hard could it be?”
“Two days of this? Ha, ha,” I said, “I’m good for it! You’ll see!!”

I cook, I clean, I kiss, I wipe, I pour and wipe some more
Then wonder if I’ll ever get that syrup off the floor.
I shop with Dal, my Costco pal, drop off and pick up Jack,
Then wait for Nate’s knock at the gate, then fix them all a snack.

Prepare some soup, wipe up some poop, Jack calls the soup disgusting,
While Natey stuffs his face with breadsticks ‘til his tummy’s busting.
Then all three boys, while making noise, help make some gingerbread
Then fast bath, scriptures, prayer and story, then it’s off to bed.

I’m tired like I’ve never been, can’t get myself to clean.
Instead I sit and read, and try to think thoughts that aren’t mean.
Then up again at 6 am, and do it all once more,
And try my best to keep the mess from staining every floor.

I can’t believe how much you do. I am so aback taken.
On top of all, you run a business, bringing home the bacon.
What can I do to prove my admiration is not fake?
I think it’s finally time you took a nice long hard-earned break!

(To Madison, WI, Wednesday Nov 18-Sunday Nov 22)

He is sending me to Madison to see all my favorite girls!!!! I get to go to Book Club, the New Moon movie, church in my old ward, etc. and I can't wait! I didn't realize how badly I wanted to visit everyone until he did this for me and I now I am just so excited.

Love you Josh!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, he DEFINITELY rocks!!! :) Can't WAIT to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! We miss you so much - it will be SOOO fun to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is one thing for him to appreciate what you do. But a totally different thing to send you on a trip so you can have a break! How exciting! I hope I get to see you when you come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable!!! I'm impressed that he wrote it right in front of you. I would be cracking up out loud at myself if I was writting that!

    Enjoy your well earned vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Poem Josh! Wish we could have seen you when you were here but we were there over Labor Day and didn't come to your house either. One of these times we'll have to connect. Enjoy WI!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally -- the secret's out! We're so excited that you are thrilled and looking forward to the fun. That Josh is a pretty great guy -- but then he's married to a great gal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did it again, you're always hitting homeruns! I'm jealous you're going to Madison, can I come too?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant Josh is always hitting homeruns, just to clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! I can't wait to see you! (way to go, Josh)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice husband you have!!!! And to be willing to do it again for you!! I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! I can't imagine Logan thinking to send me on a trip...Josh is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete