Sunday, September 6, 2009

Role Reversals

I am a lover of football only in one sense of the word-Cougar football. I don't care a lick for the NFL and I don't really care to watch a college game unless my Cougs are playing, but give me a BYU game on a Sat. afternoon and I am a happy camper.

Unfortunately since I don't live in Utah Valley (yet?...) and we don't have cable, I am never able to watch any of the games. I just turn on KSL radio and listen in. About 5 minutes before the start of yesterday's game I discovered a blessed thing-ESPN 360. I can actually watch the games that ESPN is covering on my computer in my home! And luckily BYU is ranked this year which means ESPN will be covering many of their game. Yes, I was a happy camper.

The best part though? I had all three of my boys crowded around me on the bed watching the game. It was fun to explain to them "now the team in the white shirts (the good guys) needs to get from that blue line to the yellow line and they have 4 tries to do it." They got so into it (well, for at least 20 minutes anyway), that after the game was over they went outside and creating their own version of football which involved throwing a basketball, running bases and going in a penalty box. And Nathan slept in blue and white. He has been instructed that red equals bad, no matter what Grandpa P. says. :)

Here's my boys watching with me:
And what was Josh doing during the game you ask? Cleaning the house and cooking dinner. Does this seem backwards?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. That is so not normal, Amber. I had no idea you were such a fan. I am NOT. I never went to a game my whole time at BYU and "watched" the game on Saturday while really focusing on the treats and gabbing with my sister in law. But I think Dal is unbelievably cute in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope that is not normal. We watched what was still on after the kids went to bed. (We are two hours ahead of you). They are coming to New Orleans this weekend so we are going to see them IN PERSON! While ALiyah will be with a baby sitter we have taught her the fight song for the "Cougies". We are raising some die hards over here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Yay Amber and Josh - the one couple I can hold up as an example of how it SHOULD be!

    ReplyDelete