Thursday, October 22, 2009

And thus it begins...

I always say that Nathan is a little miniature Josh in every way. But then it struck me that there is a twist of Amber in there. Nathan gets ideas. Big ideas. And he won't let them go!!

Last weekend, Saturday late afternoon, a chilly Saturday afternoon, Nathan declared that he was going to have a Lemonade stand! Our first ever. Oh boy.

I feel like I can never, ever say no to a statement such as that. When I was a child I had a lot of similar ideas. I even put on a rummage sale (involving a card table covered with stuffed animals for sale) once and my mom never said no. And I went from that, to this: My Sweet Dreams Baby

So how can I EVER say no to a Lemonade stand or the like? I didn't. I let him do it, although success was limited on that late Saturday afternoon chilly fall day on our quiet little neighborhood street.



But he sure looks cute doing it!

1 comment:

  1. Good for him! One Earth Day my sisters and I decided to sell "seeds" to save the earth for a quarter a bag. (I'm pretty sure they were just popcorn seeds.) It was POURING rain, but we had made signs and little baggies and were so pumped that my mom just stuck us in ponchos and sent us out front to get soaked and yell at the passing cars. We had two customers. My mom and your mom, who was coming over to get something else from my mom. Fun memories. :)

    ReplyDelete