Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dallen's Antics

You can't help but love this kid with his big blue eyes, pretty blonde hair, ever present smile and darling dimples, but what lies behind this facade?

Well, ok, in truth it isn't a facade. Dal is adorable and wonderful and happy and fun. But boy does this kid get around. And he tires mom out!

A few of Dallen's most recent antics:

Yesterday he opened the fridge, took out a jar of salsa and dropped it on the floor. It shattered.

The day before that he went to the fridge, found the bowl of cake batter I had in there, dipped his cracker in it (I know-clever really) and walked all over the house smearing chocolate on everything he came into contact with

He regulary attempts to scale the pantry shelves, stands on the kitchen table, climbs on top of his car outside, sits on top of the piano...

He colored on the carpet and my desk with a marker today

He frequently loads the VCR full of things like hotwheels cars, seashells and DVDs. So full that I have had to take the top of the DVD player off with a screwdriver to get it all out

And the best-I found him laying on the top shelf of the boys closet (the boys had pulled their bunk bed ladder over to the closet)

Those are just a few but you get the idea. This kid wears me out! And I love him. Especially when he is asleep. :)

7 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I LOVE HIM!!! That chocolate cake batter story cracked me up. I can totally see him doing that. Thanks again for dinner tonight--delic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura adores this kid! But he sounds like a little rascal to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable! I do love his blue eyes and his cheeky grin. I'm a little worried that Aaron might follow in Dallin's footsteps. My other two were never climbers, I wouldn't know what to do with one!!! I guess carry a camera everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still haven't found him on top of the fridge eating tylenol or anything, but Dal's adventures seem to have a lot in common with those of young Uncle TT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Amber, you always said that you wanted a mischievous little redhead. All that's missing is the red hair!! I just hope he doesn't follow Tim's example when it comes to disappearing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim! Cheeky is the perfect word to describe this little cherub! :0) I love it. I'm sorry he wears you out, Amber, but at least he entertains the rest of us while he's directing your daily workout! :0)

    P.S. Anders did the same thing with our VCR the other day. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dallen's such a sweetie -- I could really picture him up on the top shelf of that closet. That's one where you decide if you laugh or cry or take a picture (I wish you had one of that!) . . . I guess that's why you have your kids when you are young -- so you can keep up with them!

    ReplyDelete